Saturday, April 07, 2018

2018 SMR 13

6am - look out the window, pouring rain.  Probably no ride.  Back to sleep.

7am - walk the dog... HEY!  It's clearing up!  I could get a quickie Junction ride in.  JB's sick so it doesn't matter if I'm late.

8:23am - begin ride.

Yeah, the roads were sloppy but it was warm and there wasn't any precip.

Product Review:  Giro Cinder MIPS helmet.

My old Giro Eclipse helmet has been in commuting use for the last 6 years, and it's over 13 years old so it's pretty beat up and I shelved it and started using my Atmos for commuting.



So I'm at Sports Basement looking at the offerings and I like the MIPS concept for concussion protection and they have a Giro Synthe for $225 or the Giro Cinder for $135.  A helpful sales guy who knew his stuff told me that the Synthe is a little lighter and a little better ventilated but other than that they're almost the same.  They look very similar too, so I verified that it was a good fit and went home with the Cinder.

Today was the trial run and wow, this thing fits really well on my head.  There's a very secure sense of snuggness without feeling binding or restrictive.  I did notice that it seemed a little warmer than my Atmos so I might switch on hot days, but otherwise, this helmet gets a 10 of 10 on the DiabloScott® Helmet Index.





Very quiet day on The Mountain... only saw about a half dozen other riders and another half dozen cars including the rangers.

Wildlife Encounter:  turkeys... dozens of those boogers.



















Hey Rick... Know this guy?

No comments: