Saturday, October 08, 2016

2016 SMR 35

Kind of quiet this morning, not too many riders.  The sun was in our eyes for way too much of the ride though... just that time of year.

Wildlife Encounter:  whole pack of deer on the approach.










Did you know there's a fictional murder mystery book that takes place on Mount Diablo?


Amazon Link

Other than the location, it doesn't look like my kind of novel though.


Product Review:  Serfas FP200 Floor Pump

My Joe Blow gave up the ghost this week - time for a new one.  Big Dave recommended the Serfas and said it's the one they use in the shop... that's good enough for me.


I really liked the head on my Joe Blow - one side for presta, one side for Schraeder - simple.







Here's the culprit... failed check valve.  When this little doohickey goes fubar, your whole pump is snafu.


I saved the head and the hose ... I seem like the kind of guy who does that.


OK, now for the new pump.

Stable foot, gauge up high for visibility, smart hose attachments.


Lifetime warranty excludes "normal wear and tear"... that's kind of bogus.


This head is different from the Joe Blow - a single port somehow knows if you're putting in a presta or Schraeder; that was my biggest concern but it works fine.



Comes with a little pack with a ball inflator and a nozzle thing for rafts or something.


Look at that - fits just fine.


The pump has a real positive stroke too - you just know all the air is going to the right place and every pump counts.

The Serfas FP200 gets a rare 10 out of 10 on the Diablo Scott floor pump rating system. I honestly can't think of anything they could do to make it better.


UPDATE July 2018:  The gauge on my pump stopped working.  Took the whole pump to Big Dave's Bike Shop where I bought it.  Big Dave called Serfas and they sent him a replacement gauge to install under warranty.  Customer Satisfied!





No comments: