Saturday, July 23, 2016

2016 SMR 24

Supposed to be HOT today.

"Hot" in Farsi is "dawq"


This guy has become a Saturday morning regular.  I want to give him a quirky nickname like "Noxzema Man" because he paints his face white with sunscreen, but the Triple Crown jersey means I'm not worthy to pick the thorns out of his tires.






Special subsection for Diablo Mom:

Diablo Shoutout to BlogReaderDan - who easily recognized me just above Juniper ... because I was descending so slowly and carefully.



Then I got behind a truck that was behind a really slow descender and it took forever to get down.



1 comment:

Lanceoldstrong said...

Hi Scott, thanks for the shout out on your blog, and for the great pic of me.

Your mystery "Noxema Man" should be a Mt. Diablo legend.
This weekend was a typical weekend for him.
3 Full Diablo Summits when you, and I, saw him on Saturday.
His recovery ride on Sunday was 2 Summits and a Junction.

I give you: Samer Rezkalla, a super nice guy.
https://www.strava.com/athletes/2734391

He has told me, and Steve to call him Sam.
I have ridden with him on a few Double Centuries.
When I said "hi" to him Saturday I basked in the glow of his awesomeness.