Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ride Ataxia NorCal

Friedreich's Ataxia is a degenerative nerve disease - my friend Kyle has it.  Kyle is now the coordinator for the Ride Ataxia series of charity events around the country.  I think they raised over $100k for research on the NorCal event.  Kyle used to work for my company so lots of us do this ride every year to honor him.  Check out this trailer for the upcoming documentary and you'll see why.

The Ataxian EPK from Redwood Creek Entertainment on Vimeo.


Kevin had the idea of riding with his son in the trailer... son has a chromosome disorder and he's just about too big for the trailer so Kevin thought this might be the last chance to do a special ride with him.  Charlie and I decided we'd ride with him, and to equalize things a bit Charlie would ride his single-speed classic old touring bike, and I'd ride my fixed gear urban hipster bike... it was a fun time.

11,500 crank revolutions... that's what it takes to ride 40 miles in a 70-inch gear... with no coasting.

Ride Ataxia NorCal from Diablo Scott on Vimeo.

No comments: