Wednesday, May 20, 2015

2015 WNR 06

Small group tonight - assorted excuses.

I told Kevin a good training ride would be to go easy for the first 4-1/2 miles and then hit it hard for the last 2 miles.  He said OK, but his effort level 11 is not noticeably different from his 6.

So I'm discussing how to psyche yourself up for a hard effort like that, and preparing to enter the pain cave and right at 2mtg, Punkin Jay passes us.  Now his cruising speed is about the same as my 15-minute max effort speed so it was perfect timing until I faded out after Chainbuster.  Kevin only had about 10 minutes of max effort in him so he ran out of gas a little earlier.

Wildlife Encounter:  Heard an owl at Junction but didn't see him.  Saw a deer on one of the switchbacks on the way down but he stayed off the road.  And a couple turkeys playing chicken.



Jay has 20 pairs of Lion of Flanders socks.

Kevin and Rhys do The Bump



Bugl-ugl-ugl-ugl


This guy called out, passed safely, and then waved.

This guy didn't call out and passed way too close.
 Like he was telling me I should move over to 

the slow part of the road with the other Freds.
Then he barely stayed in front of me and I could easily 

have passed him back.


1 comment:

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Looks like a lot of fun and some great views! Your "Bufl-ugl-ugl" caption for the turkey crossing the road cracks me up!
Greg