Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 SMR 06

Foggy and windy at the Gate.  No shorts today.  JB was late so I started... opposite of last week.


Plenty of riders despite the weather.


Fog went away well below 1,000 ft, but the wind got worse.


I decided if JB didn't show up I could quit at Junction.


Sweet smells and bright colors on The Mountain.

Well some folks went with shorts I guess.
JB showed up at Junction and we went up.  He might have quit also if I weren't there.

JB likes to ride scary-close to the edge.



I'm never sorry though when I don't quit.


This guy started up The Wall with me and I challenged him to a sprint. 
Talked to him later and he said it was his first ride up Diablo.
There was a car revving the engine behind us the last 200m.

Descent was a little spooky... that's always true for windy days.



No comments: