Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2014 WNR 15

New guy MATT joins us tonight.  He's been up Diablo before on a solo trip.


Matt likes softball more than cycling, but the season's over.


Kevin wanted to go for a PB tonight and I thought he had it, but he flared out after about 4 miles.


Warmer than I was expecting, or I would've gone sleeveless.  


Matt got into cycling because his wife was a rider.  Then wife gave it up but he hasn't.

At the Junction, there was a guy there who maybe was kind of new to cycling.  He asked the group of us "How do you guys cool your legs off after a hard ride?".  I told him cooling off your legs wasn't an objective - better to keep them warm.  He seemed to think that professional athletes take ice baths after big efforts.  I've never heard of such a thing.  Massage: yes.  Jacuzzi: yes.  Compression sleeves: yes.  Ice baths: No... not unless there's some inflammation in your knees or something.


Tarantula Tally:  ONE crawler near Coyote Flats.  I think that makes the last six rides in a row.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Ice baths are for triathletes.